Monday 1 September 2014

Interview on Nigeria with Holger Klein

I am not ashamed to admit: I have been a huge fan of podcasting legend and German radio presenter Holger Klein for quite some time. His private podcasting project WRINT, his research podcasting project Resonator for the renowned Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres, and his radio shows on the German station RBB make up a considerable part not only of my playlist but also of those of the sizeable loyal audience he has gathered over the years.

Holger asks professionals, activists, and enthusiasts from various backgrounds to share their stories and their knowledge, their experience and their passion with him and his audience.
Before my trip to Nigeria, I was bold enough to get in touch with him and ask if he would be interested in learning more about Nigeria and talking about my research. I was thrilled when he replied and said: Yes!
So a couple of weeks ago, we managed to arrange a Skype interview -- one of the scariest and most amazing experiences since I started my PhD. NB: Holger is a very pleasant conversational partner and himself not scary at all but I was still glad the interview was recorded and not live.
We talked about Nigerian missionary and colonial history,  the present-day situation of religious and political conflict in the country, language and media production, researching religion in Africa as an outsider, and last but not least: Nigerian food.

You can find the podcast (in German only, unfortunately) on Holger's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment